Erica online

Friday, November 21

Its Friday morning and I'm back and ready to take on the parenting ordeal again!
Its amazing how even a small break from the endless tasks can change your
perspective and refresh your outlook on life.

I had a small get-a-away on Wednesday and Thursday. My amazing, generous, kind and wonderful sister took care of my children so I could go join D.J. for a romantic mini-vacation. Yes, I was whisked away to beautiful and exotic Brandon Manitoba. Ahhh...the beaches, the sunsets.....oh alright...it was just Brandon but to me, it was paradise, time alone all day to sleep, go swimming, sleep, spend time with D.J., sleep, go out for supper, sleep, watch movies, sleep....did I miss anything....oh yeah, sleep.

It was so great. We had a conversation at dinner, which was amazingly short. (dinner, not the conversation) Its amazing how quickly a meal goes when you only have one person to feed (myself, not D.J.).

My perspective has changed so much in just 1 1/2 days. I am a good...no, a great parent. I was putting far too much pressure on myself to be the PERFECT parent and not really enjoying my kids. I have great....no, FABULOUS kids, they are so sweet and I missed them like crazy. Its just good to get out of the grind sometimes to regain that perspective again. Life is good, and my kids are awesome.
(Please could someone e-mail me this blog after I've been back for awhile and the winter-cooped-up blues hit? Give me til about mid-Jan, then I should need it.)
Erica at 9:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home