Erica online

Saturday, November 15

So, I cleaned my oven and stove really well today (for obvious reasons).
Feels good to do something and do it really well.

A sense of accomplishment isn't something that goes hand-in-hand with
parenting I'm finding. The task takes 18-30 years so its hard to see how
you're doing "in the process". Rebecca has a cold right now and is particularly
fussy and whiny so I'm not going to judge my "process" based on today.
And Isabella is starting to copy her two year old sister, and saying "no" to
everything I ask her to do. So I'm not going to look at the outcome of my
parenting skills in the next few weeks. Rebecca is two and Isabella is on her way
to two (too fast) so I think I should not be judged on their behaviour for at least
a year or so. Basically, I'm living in denial and I don't want to look at how I'm doing as a parent right now. The way they behaved yesterday and today, I'm sort of hoping at the end of 18 years I'm not called to testify in court. Ahhhhhhhhh!
Two toddlers is CRAZY!!!!!!!! I just keep repeating my mantra, "this too shall pass".
And when it passes, I'll be sad that they're not my babies anymore. There is just no pleasing me!!! I love them, I wanna kiss them, I wanna hug them and I want them to be QUIET for just TWO seconds together!!!!

And that's the kind of day its been!
Erica at 10:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home